Jim Van Bakel
Currently Running in:
- Saucony Peregrine
- Brooks Caldera
- Brooks Launch
- Brooks Pure Flow
Athletic History: A little bit of a lot of things.
- Played minor hockey through my Junior B overage season in Edmonton.
- I’ve always been a runner but not in competition until 2009 when I joined a Masters track club in Edmonton.
Past Achievements: Not nearly as many as the rest of these guys
- Made finals in Men’s 35-39 age group for the 200m and 400m events at World Masters Indoor Track and Field Championships (sorry…that’s the best I can do)
- To finish the Brigade Trail Race
- Improve my Skate skiing technique.
- Complete my Professional Fitness Trainer program (Nait)…half way there!
Favorite Event: Mad Moose Marathon
Favorite workout: Greenway run