PGRR’s 2021 Virtual Fun Run Series is designed to motivate people of all ages and abilities to get moving in a way that works for them, AND meets all Provincial Health Orders as we navigate a spring, summer, and fall under pandemic restrictions.
The Series will feature eight virtual runs, starting with our Mother’s Day Run in May and ending with our Joe Kelly Memorial Run in October. Participants will have one week to complete the designated distance – either alone or with those in their bubble – and the flexibility to choose:
- When (time of day/day of week)
- Where (inside on a treadmill/through their neighbourhood/on a local trail)
- Their pace (walk/jog/run…race for a personal best or just run for fun!)
- Their distance (5km/10km/21.1km…even one 30km)
- AND whether they complete it all at once, or over several days
While we’re disappointed we won’t be hosting in-person races this season, we’re excited to set some milestones for our running friends; to offer families ‘something to do together’, as they look for challenging, but safe activities; and, hopefully, encourage people who may not be interested in a race to tackle this series at their own pace.
Registration for the entire series is just $70 for individuals and $150 for families (that’s two adults and dependent children) and includes a Finisher’s t-shirt, a unique PGRR medal, and the chance to win prizes over the course of the six months.
Fun Run Challenge Weeks
|May 9 -15||Mother’s Day 5km|
|May 23-29||Hurt’n Bear 5km, 10km, or Hagen’s Half|
|June 13-20||Beat the Bugs 5km or 10km|
|July 4-10||Blue Spruce 5km or 10km|
|August 22-29||Masich Mile 1 mile (fast or fun) or 5km|
|September 5-12||Labour Day Classic 5km, 8.5 mile or 17 mile|
|October 3-9||Centennial Relay 5km, 10km, or 30km|
|October 17-23||Joe Kelly Memorial Run 30min, 1hr, or 2hr|
Participants will receive an email reminder prior to the start of each challenge week with information on how to submit your results – a photo/screenshot of a watch/running app, etc will be accepted as proof of completion.
Every finisher will have their name entered into the fun run event draw…with the chance to have up to eight entries in the grand prize draw in October for an Apple iPad!
Now, for the fine print:
- Please adhere to all Provincial Health Orders in place over the course of the series
- Entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable between participants
- Registration will remain open until October 17th, but only those registered by September 15th will receive the t-shirt and medal
- A safe pick-up site will be arranged for the swag, but items can be mailed for a S&H fee
- Event is sanctioned by BC Athletics, meaning participants have liability insurance coverage
While we can’t run together at this time, we’re looking forward to connecting and cheering you on via social media over the course of the six-month series. Join us on Facebook @Prince George Road Runners Club, on Instagram @pg_roadrunners, and join our Strava group @PG RoadRunners.
PGRR would like to take this opportunity to give a HUGE shout out to our wonderful sponsors:
|IRL Supplies||Shift Creative Solutions|
|AscenTech Solutions Inc||Canadian Benefits Investment & Insurance Group Inc|
|Tiani Trucking||Northen Hart Designs|
And to the entire team at Stride & Glide Sports for all they do to support our club throughout the entire year – they are an invaluable resource to the Road Runners and to the community at large!
We’re grateful for these partnerships in helping us to spread a little ‘FUN’shine.
Let’s Stay Safe, Let’s Be Kind…But Let’s Get Moving!