2011 Quesnel Women's Fall Challenge - Results
See the official Quesnel Women's Fall Challenge website at http://qwfc.wordpress.com
(Until September 18th)
(September 19th - 30th @ 6:00PM. Online registration closes September 30th @ 6:00PM)
(October 1-2 - Available at package pickup and day of race only, not available online)
18th Annual Fall Challenge October 2, 2011
Quesnel Women’s Fall Challenge is a Women’s ONLY event for participants 6 years and older. The event includes ½ Marathon, 5 & 10 km Walk and Run.
- The deadline for entry to walk or run is 8:15 a.m. on Sunday, October 2, 2011.
- Unclaimed Race Packages will be available for pickup at Dragon Lake Elementary School, 2655 Hydraulic Rd, between 8am and 9am on Sunday, October 2, 2011. They will NOT be available at Race Site on the morning of the Event.
- If at all possible, we recommend carpooling for the morning of the event, as
parking can get congested at the Dragon Lake Boat Launch area. Try to be there at least by 8:30 a.m., make sure your number is visible on the FRONT of shirt, relax and maybe do the porta-potti thing!!!
- The run/walk will get underway at 9:00 a.m. SHARP. Seed yourselves according to your event. Runners will start on the road and walkers beside them in the boat launch area.
- Course Restrictions: For safety and liability reasons, the course is limited to registered runners, walkers and wheelchair athletes. Strollers, infant or toddler backpacks, bicycles, inline skates, poles, and dogs (except certified Seeing Eye Dogs) are prohibited, and pacing is not allowed. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification.
- To start, stay on right hand side of road, turning down Dragon Lake Road until approximately 1.5 km (watch for an arrow on the road). Follow arrow to the left side of road and stay on the left side for the duration, facing traffic at all times. Also use caution when reaching approximately the 3 km mark as the corner takes a sharp bend, and the shoulder is narrow.
- You will be running/walking in a rural farming community. We have asked area residents to keep their animals tied up or in a fenced area.
- There are 7 water stations available along the route, as well as portable toilets at the Start/Finish areas, 2.5 km, 5 km stations and 11 km mark. Kilometer signs are also posted on the route.
- The course is undulating, so pace yourself accordingly.
- WALKERS MUST WALK ONLY.
If you wish to walk and run you must be entered in the running category.
- DO NOT SWITCH CATEGORIES after starting the event. If for some reason you cannot finish your event, please tell one of the timers or volunteers, and make sure they have your number.
- VOLUNTEERS make this event possible! Please take a few moments to thank them!
- LUNCHEON begins at 12:00 NOON. Having FUN is what it’s all about! Work up that appetite for the “best lunch going, by GRANVILLE’S COFFEE!” The luncheon is being held at UNBC Quesnel Campus, 100 Campus Way (from North Star Road, turn right at McDonald’s Restaurant) Doors will open at 12:00 noon. Due to limited space, luncheon is for 400 paid lunch participants only. You must bring your race number for entrance into the luncheon.
Great draw prizes will be drawn for lunch participants. You must be present to win!
- Awards Ceremony. The medal presentation will begin at 12:30 p.m.Due to limited space, you must have a luncheon ticket to attend the awards ceremony. Unclaimed medals can be picked up at the Recreation Centre the week after the event.